Thursday 25 August 2011

For all you creature lovers...


I was lying in bed this morning, waiting for the alarm to go off, on my side looking through the window in the bathroom at the sky. “Red sky in morning, sailor take warning,” I thought as I could see the sky filling with dark pinks. Then I noticed the dog on the floor in between me and the bathroom window, also looking at the sky. As I watched her, I noticed she was especially interested in something outside that window. She got up and walked closer to the bathroom and sat down, but did not go in. Was she also looking at the clouds? She was clearly looking up at the window. Then she got up again, and this time, went in the bathroom and stood in front of the tub which was under the window, all the while looking up out the window. I sat there thinking, “can’t be a bird, no branches near the house were strong enough to hold a bird worthy of this much attention. Snake? Maybe one slithering across the upper window sill.” But I didn’t see anything. I sat and watched some more. Then I saw her head drop down towards the tub and twitched left, then right, then left again-following .....

Something's in the tub!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love these kind of dog stories. I thought maybe, after seeing your later photos, that she was seeing a croc (or was that an alligator?). Are they really in your backyard????? Jane at MidLifeBloggers.com

    ReplyDelete