Saturday 9 July 2011

Appliances are coming! Appliances are coming!

 I dropped the lid of a ceramic bowl from the microwave straight down onto my smooth top range!  There has been a gi-normous hole with exposed wires on my range since Christmas.   I've refused to shop for a new one.  After all, who really needs a stovetop anyway.  I hardly ever use it.  (I like to bake and the oven worked perfectly fine.)  I thought about what I really used the stove for- eggs, pasta, that's really all.  I have a microwave egg poacher and went out and bought the Pasta Boat.  (To anyone who has a college student who only has a microwave for cooking-- THIS is a great gift).  Any how, I can live without it.  Even when my mother-in-law came to visit and was horrified that I hadn't replaced the stove yet, I was able to deal.  UNTIL......

the dishwasher broke!  NOW WE HAVE A PROBLEM!  NOW we need to do something.  So husband and I shopped and appliances came today.  Husband just installed dishwasher after several hours of frustration with tubing and electrical cords not being long enough.
I can walk thru the kitchen now and not have to stop at the sink to wash dishes and I have yeast rolls rising to break in the new range!

No comments:

Post a Comment