Monday 11 July 2011

Rocks and Violets

I'm a simple girl.  Not into jewelry, fancy clothes or fancy cars.  I like "pretty smelly things" like soaps and candles.  So when college boy came back from a flea market with a small vial of Violet fragrance oil, I was thrilled! Violet is my favorite scent and I had been looking for this hard to find oil to make some home made bath products.  It's not that he found it, but that he thought to look for it for me, that really touched my heart.  College daughter also couldn't wait to suprise me and called to say, she, too, had landed some ellusive Violet soap for me from her London Internship.

I like rocks. The kids must have remembered from their childhood that when we traveled up to N.J. to see the grandparents, we would go to a special diner that had medians in the parking lot filled with round river rocks. I would covertly collect and bring home the most beauiful and enchanted ones.   I think this small quirk has remained with the kids. College daughter excitedly SKPYed that she had "souvenired" some rocks from a castle in Europe. College boy recently returned from a trip to the Georgia mountains  and proudly presented me with a large, round, smooth white river rock  he hand picked for me from the river he had rafted down.

Simple things for a simple life.

No comments:

Post a Comment